Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Project Photos 4x5 E100G film




Today's post is really my first attempt at working through the entire large format 4x5 camera workflow. I recently shot these images of a project we designed. They were my first attempt at using the 4x5 Sinar and Kodak E100G film. I then had the film developed and then used our new Epson E750 Pro Scanner to convert them to digital. While this process has been a little time consuming I am finding that the results are acceptable. The workflow is much slower and more skill intensive then a pure digital process but the images should also be able to be enlarged more then I can get with my older Nikon D200s. Assuming that digital camera's will continue to improve in quality and lower in price it will be hard for anyone to justify the skill, time and cost of continuing to do film/analog photography regardless of its sensuous tactile properties.

No comments:

Post a Comment