Thursday, December 6, 2012

For Once - If only by a day I trumped NPR Marketplace

NPR Marketplace - The photo wars back then

The above image is from the Robert Burley's Book - The Disappearance of Darkness. It is about the amazingly fast decline of film photography and the decline of analog photography. Something that has been on my mind a lot lately. In fact I blogged about this book only the day before this Marketplace. All this while I contemplate the purchase of a more lightweight 4x5 camera which might be easier to use than my Sinar F. I know all the debate's that have gone on about this. But I just don't see how film becomes anything other then the media of artists. Not that their is anything wrong with that! It just will not be the tool used by common folks for recording their daily lives or the commercial sector. It however has been an amazingly fast transition.  The link will take you to the Kai Ryssdal's Marketplace interview with Mr. Burley.

Amazon Link- To purchase the "Analog" Book

Disappearance of Darkness - Book Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment