Saturday, February 20, 2021

Back From the Darkness of Covid and 2020

 At Last returning to Photography - 2021

Oh it isn't that I haven't been taking photos. I still did some sports photography of my daughters Clayton High School field hockey team this past year, 2020, but to be honest with you I have been locked at home like much of the rest of the world from COVID. So I have been working on some camera building projects, slowly building the darkroom gear and contemplating the whole digital verses analog camera and life divide. This morning instead of going on a cold outdoor bike ride, I decided instead to take photos. Today's images are posted from the Polar Vortex storm day we had here in St. Louis at the beginning of the week. I hope that you enjoy and are drawn to these images, and I hope that posting here will become a much more frequent and predictable process again. I also hope to "modernize" this blog and make it something of practical use and enjoyment. Hopefully, soon I will get vaccinated, and feel much more comfortable being out in the world of people....other then just cyclists in a pace line. 


A Winters Walk In Forest Park 

Images taken Monday, February 15, 2021. It was a cold walk to Forest Park. Temperature was hovering around 8F, the wind was blowing at between 15-22 MPH and the snow was flying. The wind chill was -16F. Normally I laugh at wind chill but that day it was a serious consideration. A harsh day for a walk and an even harsher day to be taking photos. The Nikon D4s had a hard time doing its job. By the end of my walk it had stopped focusing. 

St. Louis Art Museum West Entry
I

Plug and Modernity

The Old Man Groans

At Peace

Miles to Go

The Family

Big Brother

The Dwarf


No comments:

Post a Comment