Monday, April 13, 2015

Photos shot with a 10 year old Nikon D2hs

For the photographers who come to my blog.
All the photos shot from this past Saturdays game of the Clayton boys LAX were shot on an oldy but goody. Using my 10 year old Nikon D2hs and my Nikon 300 2.8 telephoto of about the same vintage! Dollar for dollar a very good sports set up considering that I paid $100 bucks for the D2hs body on EBay!  Now that is what I call a shoe string. See Ken Rockwell's recommendation information. This is a an old professional camera with all kinds of control and bells and whistles but a small sensor and 10 year old technology. What it offers is pro-shooting speed. The D2hs can crank at 8 shots per second relentlessly. It seems to be best in daylight which allows for fast focus and you can't crop the images very much do to the size but it is a trooper. The one I picked up shows plenty of wear but still goes with no problems. In some ways it runs rings around my D600 in battery life and shot speed. The images coming off the D600 are much larger and much better over all which allows me to crop significantly and still get great detail. But for someone who is shooting action frame speed can often make the difference. I find myself bumping into the D600 buffer all the time.

Ian Reim Playing Defense - Image shot with D2hs and  Nikon 300mm f2.8 AFS of approximately 13 years old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment